2020-2021 Master Keys Music Academy Policies
Our teachers reserve time on their schedules, plan for your lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide regular, quality lessons, the following policies need to be observed.
1. A non-refundable $25.00 registration fee is due at initial sign-up ($10 for additional siblings)
2. Returning Member is a member with one (1) or more months gap between enrollment.
3. Tuition is a flat monthly fee. Most months have four (4) or five (5) lessons, and on rare occasions, three (3) lessons when in observance of major national holidays. Members get an average of 48 lessons per year (see our calendar).
4. Membership guarantees a regular weekly lesson time with your teacher.
5. As a service to our valued members, we provide:
• Two (2) yearly recital performance opportunities at no additional cost (Winter and Summer Recitals, on a first come first serve basis. Accompaniments and rehearsals are included in membership). Members receive trophies at no additional cost
•One (1) yearly Honors Recital performance opportunity (based on teacher selection). Members receive certificate at no additional cost.
• -All the rewards from our practice incentives program.
6. Educational material, music books, instrument rental and other accessories are additional cost.
7. Members may purchase additional exam or recital preparation lessons.
8. Membership Tuition is due monthly on the first of each month and billed automatically to your credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
9. A $10 late fee will be charge for payment received after the 10th of each month.
10. A $10 fee will be charged for declined credit cards.
1. Membership may be cancelled with a 30-day notice by submitting our ONLINE CANCELLATION FORM (A $15 returning student registration fee will be required to re-enroll)
2. If unexpected injuries or accidents happen, the tuition can be transferred to other family members for lesson use.
3. Master Keys Music Academy does not provide tuition refund under any circumstances.
4. Master Keys Music Academy reserves the right to terminate membership, in which case prorated tuition will be refunded.
1. NO tuition credit or refund will be provided for missed lessons.
2. Make-up Lesson Credits will be issued when a lesson is cancelled with at least 24-hour advance notice (By email/text or Opus 1 student portal)
3. Cancellations made with less than 24-hour notice will not qualify for a Make-up Lesson Credit (This includes being sick the day of a scheduled lesson). A recording made by your teacher will be sent to you so you still have materials to work on. Zoom lesson will also be an option in the event the students cannot make it to an in person lesson.
4. The Make-up Lesson Credits expire 30 days after membership ends. They can be used to schedule Make-up lesson online at any time with your teacher or any other teacher, based on availability.
5. Make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled.
6. No more than two (2) Make-up Lesson Credits can be pending at a time per membership.
1. You may decide to change teacher or instrument with 14-day advance email notice before the 1st of the month.
2. If you current teacher is unable to teach a lesson, a substitute teacher will be arranged or if no substitute can be arranged, a Teacher Absence Credit will be issued to your account. (Teacher Absence Credits do not expire and do not count towards the Subscription Credit Limit).
3. Regular lesson cancellation policy applies for lessons with substitute teachers. No Make-up Credits is issued for last minute substitutions.
4. If your regular teacher becomes unavailable, you will be provided with a new teacher with similar teaching style, or the opportunity to try and choose a new teacher.
Summer (June, July, August):
1. You may exceptionally put a membership on “Summer Hold” for up to two (2) months with a 30-day advance email notice.
2. Your lesson time and teacher will be reserved only by pre-paying tuition for the month following a Summer Hold (Latest resume date is September 1st).
3. Your desired lesson spots and teacher will not be guaranteed if you do not put a membership on “Summer Hold” and a $15 returning student registration fee will be required to re-enroll.
Unless requested in writing, Master Keys Music Academy is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials Master Keys Music Academy creates. Permission is also hereby granted for Master Keys Music Academy to copyright such photographs in its name.
MONITORING STUDENTS AND SECURITY
For the security and safety of all concerned, it is The Academy’s policy to utilize twenty-four (24) hour surveillance and security services in and around the premises, including our studio(s).
This gives parents the ability to watch sessions, from a safe distance. It also ensures that students and teachers are always monitored while in the studio.
Any video footage obtained/stored for these purposes will not be public, shared, repurposed, or used in any other way beyond providing monitoring and security services.
INJURIES AND INFECTIOUS DISEASE
Parents, legal guardians of minors, students, and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on the academy property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings, before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage.
The Academy is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles or items stolen from vehicles.
The Academy is not responsible for students or parent’s potential exposure or contraction of Covid-19 or other infectious disease while on the premises. Students or guardians must notify The Academy in the event they have had exposure, show symptoms, or a confirmed case of Covid-19 or other infectious disease prior to arriving for a lesson.
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
Any amendment or modification of this Agreement or additional obligation assumed by either Party in connection with the Agreement will only be binding if evidenced in writing signed by each Party or an authorized representative of each Party.
It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah. In the event of breach or a disagreement. The parties agree to mediate any matters that may arise between the parties concerning this agreement or services provided thereunder before litigation is pursed. Should it become necessary for The Academy to seek relief from the court to collect unpaid balances under this agreement, Client shall pay The Academy all reasonable expenses and attorney’s fees.
In the event that any of the provisions of the Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provision will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remain of this Agreement.
The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provision of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or others provision.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Policy effective upon enrollment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Policies & terms are subject to change.